You can now register to attend CiderCon® 2020–the world’s premiere industry event for the cider community. It’s taking place in sunny and happening Oakland, California at the Marriott from Tuesday, January 28-Friday, January 31.
What’s new at CiderCon®? We are glad you asked!
- After a brief hiatus, the 1/2 day orcharding seminar is back! This will happen on Wednesday morning and will explore questions specific to growing apples in the western US.
- We’ve partnered with the Cider Institute of North America to offer an expanded technical production track. Cidermakers: this is for you!
- We’ve tailored a track focusing on sales, so whether you are the only employee or one of many sales reps, we can brainstorm how to sell more cider.
- Brain dates will allow attendees to schedule 15 minute sessions with expert consultants on a range of topics.
- Meet-ups will offer curated yet informal information sharing and networking opportunities. Meet-up topics on the docket so far include apple spirits production, perry production, influencer marketing, and sustainability. Want to pitch a meet-up topic? Let’s hear it!
- We’re offering 4 tours this year! Whoa! Whether you’re exploring the terroir of Sonoma County or the Parajo Valley, deepening your knowledge of pairing cider with food in the sizzling hot culinary scene of California’s East Bay, or digging into the history of Albert Etter and apple production in Northern California, you’re sure to learn a lot and have a blast while doing it.
- The featured international cidermaker guests of honor this year are from Ireland!
- And we are thrilled to welcome a keynote speaker, Jill Giacomini Basch from Point Reyes Creamery. We’re kicking off Thursday morning with a cheese and cider pairing!
Returning events include:
- TUES: Charles McGonegal’s Elements of Style workshop offers an in depth look at how to experience a cider.
- WED: The opportunity to become a Certified Pommelier™. Sign up for the exam when you register.
- WED: The TTB’s in-depth workshop covering labeling and tax policies.
- WED: The second annual meeting and gathering for Pomme Boots.
- WED: The roaring welcome reception and cider share featuring 50+ cideries!
- THURS-FRIDAY: Seminars galore! Production, tasting, marketing, apples, sales, business and compliance. As always, CiderCon® tasting sessions delve deep into cider production, evaluation, and philosophy.
- THURS-FRIDAY: An even BIGGER trade show than the year before, now sprinkled with cider sample offerings. Thank you, FruitSmart for your sponsorship.
- FRIDAY: The grand toast and bottle share.
- And more!
Visit the CiderCon® website to review more schedule details.
The base registration fee for CiderCon® 2020 is $395. This includes access to workshops on Wednesday-Friday, a ticket to the Welcome Reception/Cider Share on Wednesday night, the keynote address on Thursday morning, two delicious lunches, the BIGGER trade show happening Thursday & Friday and the grand toast on Friday night! (Tours and some workshops have an additional registration fee.)
Let us know if you have questions about registering for this event. See you in Oakland, cider friends!
P.S. CiderCon® 2020 is excited to be a part of Bay Area Cider Week! Have a cider event to submit? Do that here.