How Your Contribution is Used
On this page, you should provide detailed information about your organization`s finances. The idea is to build trust among your constituents and potential donors. You should provide clear and concise information about your organization`s use of funds. An example of this might be:
As a 501(c)3 organization, Agloe Nature Center operates as a nonprofit and all contributions are tax-deductible. We use 10% or less of our funds for internal purposes (salaries, communications, etc.) and spend the other 90% on conservation efforts and educational programming. As an organization rule, we spend less than 5% of our budget on networking events each year (which excludes mentorships). For more information, please view our annual reports and financial statements below.
Best practice is to provide several years` worth of financial data on your organizations website. A simple list of download links works well.
We strive to make our financial data accessible to all. Below you will find PDF downloads of our past financial statements. Email us for financial reports from previous years.
Third-party auditing services exist to encourage organizations towards a model of financial transparency. To that end, both GuideStar and Charity Navigator are organizations that aggregate data about nonprofit organizations. It is not a bad idea to feature links to your profiles on these services. You might say:
You can find further information about our organization by visiting our profile pages on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.