500ml vs. 22oz bottles

American Cider Association Forums Bottles 500ml vs. 22oz bottles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ann Leadbetter
    Participant

Hello,
    We are currently debating which size bottling line to buy. For the past three years we’ve been bottling 22oz bottles but now that we are forced into buying our own line because Boise’s one and only mobile bottler is no longer in business, now is the time to switch to 500 ml if we ever are going to. We are waiting for BPA-free cans, which as far as I can tell, aren’t yet on the horizon. When and if they are, we will move into cans. I’d love any insights or advice anyone can offer on the pros and cons of both sizes. I know ciders distributed over state lines that are over 7% require wine packaging, but we don’t have plans to distribute in other states. I wish we’d started with 500ml,switching feels risky because we would have to charge almost the same for them as we do for 22’s, since the 500ml bottles cost more. We don’t want to make our customers feel gypped. But we like the more-user-friendly 500ml size that is more like a singe serve rather than like a share bottle. We are hoping to win more customers than we might lose. But who knows. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Ann Leadbetter
    Meriwether Cider
    Boise, Idaho

Marcus Robert
    Participant

Ann,
    We are currently using BPA-free cans manufactured by Ball. They are available depending on the size you are looking for.
    Cheers,
    Marcus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.