January 18, 2021 at 6:35 pm #125707Kirk EvansParticipant
Volume cidery startup looking for a cidermaker + partner
We are seeking an experienced cidermaker for a volume cidery in the late planning stages of development. Our brand has a unique approach to the current cider offerings on the market and we are looking for someone that shares our ethos and vision to start crafting recipes as we lead up to our initial funding round. We already are actively speaking with investors who are interested in our plan and have a solid strategy for disrupting the market. Our founders are a diverse team with backgrounds in branding, packaging, marketing, cidery design and operations.
We are looking for someone to complete our trifecta that will be with us long-term as we build this company. While we are still in the pre-seed stages of funding, we want to connect with someone who is willing to put in some sweat equity to help us fulfill our mission of getting venture capital funding. We can initially offer stock options to the right applicant with competitive salary, benefits and bonuses once we are funded.
Who We Are
Satellite Cider Co. was founded by two friends who share a love of the outdoors, fishing, foraging and making unique ideas come to fruition. Our CEO Kirk is a lifelong entrepreneur with an extensive background as a digital marketing agency owner. Our COO Jeremy is an industrial design engineer with experience designing and building large-scale cideries and bottling/packaging lines.
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate would be someone who shares our love of the outdoors, has a passion for creating unique ciders, and is willing to go the extra mile to build an incredible company. Preferably you already live in Portland, OR or nearby. We would also consider a candidate who is willing to relocate if it is the right fit.
Essential Job Duties
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Excellent attendance & timeliness.
• Is reasonable and responsible.
• Shows respect for self & others.
• Clean driving record. Insurable driver
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs.+ and perform strenuous work all day. Prolonged standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling is often required.
• Familiarity with OSHA, FDA, TTB compliance
• Mechanical aptitude. Respect of top quality equipment & tools.
• Familiarity with material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, hand truck).
• Understanding of what “Clean” means. No exceptions.
• Can perform tasks with little or no supervision.
• Can think and make sound and reasonable decisions. Critical thinker and a problem solver
• Willingness to accomplish “What Is Required” on any given day.
• Mental flexibility.
• Willingness to take direction.
Cider Making Specific Skills:
• Organizational skills, tracking and paperwork.
• Commitment to cleanliness & sanitation
• Fermentation Management and daily tracking
• Knowledge of cellar operations
• Willingness to be one of the 3 “faces” of the company
• Keg washing
• Yeast management
• Keg racking
• Filter setup, operation, cleaning
• Fining practices
• Fermenter, bright-beer tank and serving tank cleaning/sanitation
• Materials handling (empty cases, cleaned kegs, empty bottles, palletized cider, etc.)
• Raw materials analysis
• Minor laboratory and QA/QC skills
• Experience with cleaning chemicals & MSDS sheets
• Understanding of material utilization.
• Loves of the art & science of making cider.
• Knowledge of sensory analysis
Preferred: It would be a plus if you already have relationships with orchards and/or commercial juice distributors. We also would like our candidate to already have good relationships within the cider industry.
This will be a full time, year-round salaried position.
Please send resume, CV, salary requirements and 3 industry references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.