Assistant Cidermaker – Sly Clyde Ciderworks – Hampton, VA
American Cider Association › Forums › Jobs › Assistant Cidermaker – Sly Clyde Ciderworks – Hampton, VA
Tagged: assistant cidermaker, Cidermaker, virginia
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 3 months ago by Brent Miles.
February 12, 2020 at 11:31 pm #123639Brent MilesParticipant
Position: Assistant Cidermaker
Location: Hampton, Virginia
We are looking for someone to join our award-winning team in crafting delicious hard ciders made from 100% Virginia apples. Sly Clyde Ciderworks is scaling up its Hampton, Virginia production operations and we need someone to come and grow with us. Just blocks from the beach and bathed by the sun, Sly Clyde sells Virginia’s finest beach-based cider in bars, restaurants, and its award-winning taproom.
The Assistant Cidermaker will participate in all areas of cider development, production, and packaging. S/He will be closely mentored by our award-winning Head Cidermaker, Patrick Smith, with the goal of honing their craft and expanding our presence throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
• Product Development
o Canning, Pasteurization, Racking Kegs
• Juice Selection
• Cider Finishing
• Receiving and Loading (juice and finished cider)
• Keg Cleaning
• Tank Cleaning
• Cider House Tours
• Production and Keg-room Maintenance
• Organization of pallets, finished goods, and dry goods
• At least 1 year at cidery, brewery, or winery in a production capacity or graduate of a craft beverage production program. This is an absolute requirement.
• Practical knowledge of fermentation, sanitation, and cellar equipment.
• Cider production and filtration experience is preferred, but not required if coming from wine or beer experience.
• Imaginative and creative mind.
• Strong work ethic, communication skills, and mechanical ability.
• Ability to work independently to accomplish daily and weekly tasks.
• Operate as a team player in a small and tightly-knit team.
• Flexible schedule; ability to periodically work extremely early or extremely late in the day, sometimes at short notice.
• Experience with forklift, pallet jack, electric pallet jack.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Ability to physically operate a standing or sitting forklift
• Ability to work near moving mechanical parts with moderate noise levels
• Ability to stand for long periods at a time
• Ability to frequently and safely lift and/or move up to 160 pounds
• Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals
• Vision: close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation based on experience, Health, Vacation
Application Deadline: February 25, 2020 or until filled.
To apply, please send a short cover-letter, resume, and list of the best 3 craft beverages you have ever created to Doug Smith, email@example.com.
Sly Clyde Ciderworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. And no one else should either. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.